[Cialug] Nagios vs. OpenNMS vs. ??

John Lengeling John.Lengeling at radisys.com
Mon Aug 30 13:46:52 CDT 2010

When I migrated off of BigBrother, I went to Nagios about 5 years ago.
Nagios seems to have a rich set of plugs-ins and they are pretty easy to
write/modify as needed.  I am monitoring ~60 servers/routers and ~120
applications/services/filesystems.

The only thing I don't like is editing the text configuration file.  I
have to look at using one of the GUI configuration tools to make editing
the configuration files easier.

johnl