[Cialug] OT - Photo Laser paper

Matt Breitbach matthewb at flash.shanje.com
Fri Aug 27 09:58:33 CDT 2010

I'm mainly looking for something to do "decent" looking prints from that's
got a decent weight to it and represents colors well.  The 22 pound crap
that I use for day to day printing is not the greatest for any photos (still
not bad though).

I've read all of the advice about inkjet glossy paper and I've never been a
fan of glossy photos. I've always had mine professionally done as matte, so
that's no biggie.

As far as the cost goes, right now I'm into the printer for 30 bucks, fully
functional with all of the toners (granted, they're all 20-30% full).  It'll
do 2400x600 dpi printing (2400 black, 600 color if I'm reading that right)
so it's not terrible.  Basically I want to be able to print off a few of my
daughters photos at 8x10 sizes and frame them for the house, and be able to
affordably rotate them a few times a year.

I don't do much color printing other than that - in fact I've got the
printer set up to do b&w by default, since most of the stuff that I print is
user manuals or self-produced text that I want to edit.

Mainly looking for something that someone has used that has a not-quite
cardstock consistency that works well in color laser printers.