[Cialug] minimizing exposure with web hosting

Daniel A. Ramaley daniel.ramaley at drake.edu
Mon Aug 2 11:43:26 CDT 2010

On 2010-08-02 at 11:37:12, Matthew Nuzum wrote:
>I don't think it will solve the problems at hand. What is needed is
>the able to run the command rake db:migrate or chmod +x
>cgi-bin/formmail.cgi ;-)
>
>rssh I think just allows sftp access but no shell. Anyone else able to
>confirm this?

I suggested rssh because it appears to allow whatever you want it to
allow, depending on how you configure it. It's very flexible. But yes,
confirmation from someone who's actually used the software would be
better than my interpretation after having skimmed the documentation.

--
Daniel A. Ramaley
Network Engineer 2

Dial Center 118, Drake University
2407 Carpenter Ave / Des Moines IA 50311 USA
Tel: +1 515 271-4540
Fax: +1 515 271-1938
E-mail: daniel.ramaley at drake.edu