[Cialug] Apache default VH configuration

Matthew Nuzum newz at bearfruit.org
Fri Apr 30 11:35:46 CDT 2010

On Fri, Apr 30, 2010 at 11:03 AM, Josh More
<MoreJ at alliancetechnologies.net> wrote:
> When you're doing name-based virtual hosting, the hosts are parsed in alphabetical order.
>
> Add a "ServerName aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.no.site.exists" to the default.  See if that gives you the behavior you want.

Nice. I've been a bit mystified by this myself. I thought it was based
on the first vhost parsed, and interestingly this happened to work out
enough times to make it seem reasonable (probably because the first
site on the server was mine with a domain name starting with B).
However a few times it didn't work and I never could figure out why.

--
Matthew Nuzum

"Do not seek to follow in the footsteps of the wise. Seek what they
sought." –Matsuo Bashō