[Cialug] user group idea: coding dojo

Matthew Nuzum newz at bearfruit.org
Wed Apr 28 17:31:17 CDT 2010

OK, great news.

Des Moines Web Geeks is bringing the concept of the Coding Dojo to Des
Moines on Monday, May 3rd, 7:00 pm at Impromptu Studio.

To reiterate, this is an event for all skill levels. We'll break into
groups, each of which will try to solve the challenge of the evening
in their own interesting way. At the end we'll share our success and
failure and learn from each other.

I've participated in one of these and it was great. We're purposely
giving this a broad scope so if you're into PHP, Ruby, Javascript,
.Net, Java or front end work you'll have a chance to put your skill to
work.

You can find a link to the event details at:
http://www.dsmwebgeeks.com/2010/04/coding-dojo-may/

You're welcome and encouraged to bring your laptop (but if you can't,
don't let that stop you from coming).

If you're a member of another user group would you help spread the word?

--
Matthew Nuzum

"Do not seek to follow in the footsteps of the wise. Seek what they
sought." –Matsuo Bashō