[Cialug] Mailling List Admin

L. V. Lammert lvl at omnitec.net
Thu Apr 22 08:42:51 CDT 2010

At 08:20 AM 4/22/2010, you wrote:
>Whoa guys.
>
>We're getting a little heated and getting a lot off topic.
>
>Let's remember that we're all friends and that few of us are
>electrical engineers, OK?

NP, .. just trying to provide a reality check for folks in similar
situations. We have had a lot of problems trying to figure out how to
get things done with our generator system, and sometimes it seems
like the local municipalities are just trying to CY[T]A at YOUR expense.

We used to have a split-bus panel, and for 15 years I physically
pulled the meter every time the generator was required. Only last
year did we get a transfer switch installed, .. at a cost of almost
***$4K***. (*Plus* the generator.)

Reality & practicality, while maintaining a sane level of safety,
trumps ivory tower regulations every time.

         Lee