[Cialug] Mailling List Admin

murraymckee at wellsfargo.com murraymckee at wellsfargo.com
Wed Apr 21 13:14:44 CDT 2010

We live in the country and I keep about 60 gallons of water in old herbicide jugs in the basement to use to flush the toilets with.  I can drag a 50 gallon drum in for wood heat while the power is out.  We won't be getting a generator until my daughter is out of grad school.

While we're on a paved road we are at the end of the power line and are off for hours at a time at least once a year.  We were off for 12 hours in the January ice storm, from midnight to noon, and for 8 more hours the next day.  Every 4 years or so we're off for more than a day.  The longest was 5 days.

Murray McKee
Operating Systems Engineer
WFFIS - Wells Fargo Financial Information Systems
800 Walnut Street
MAC F4030-037
Des Moines, IA 50309-3605
WORK (515)557-6127 Cell (515) 343-6630  FAX (515) 557-6046
MurrayMcKee at WellsFargo.com
"This message may contain confidential and / or privileged information.  If you are not the addressee or authorized to receive this for the addressee, you must not use, copy, disclose, or take any action based on this message or any information herein.  If you have received this message in error, please advise the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this message.  Thank you for your cooperation."