[Cialug] Meeting Reminder this Wednesday

Josh More MoreJ at alliancetechnologies.net
Mon Apr 19 21:06:48 CDT 2010

This is a reminder that we will be having a LUG meeting this Wednesday... as well as the first pre-meeting for TroubleMaker.

Pre-Meeting

If you want to learn about Linux internals and/or work with me on my TroubleMaker project feel free to show up at 6:00 PM.  We'll look at how the system works and determine which of us will be taking which distros and how to break them.

Actual Meeting

The topic is apparently College Night, but I've fallen down on the job a bit and didn't line up any college students (oops).  However, that doesn't mean that we can't still talk about professionalism and careers if people want.

If people don't want, the default secondary topic is email and why we all hate it.  We can talk about tracing emails, antispam, antivirus, SPF, DomainKeys, Blacklists, Whitelists and other patches that have been added to a communications protocol that should have been retired twenty years ago.

Or, you know, we can talk about generic Linux stuff.  (I, for one am interested in people's opinions of multi-touch support under Linux, as I'm getting a tablet... but that would be somewhat self-serving.)

The meeting will be at Alliance at 7:00 PM.  Details are, as usual, over at http://www.cialug.org/component/option,com_eventlist/Itemid,29/func,details/did,7/

-Josh More, CISSP, GIAC-GSLC, GIAC-GCIH, RHCE, NCLP
morej at alliancetechnologies.net
515-245-7701