[Cialug] "Going Google"

Jim Asbille jim.asbille at gmail.com
Fri Apr 16 18:03:31 CDT 2010

Everything you just said applies to any software construct.  There is a
mindset that the cloud is insecure and OUR infrastructure is safe but I
don't buy it 9 times out of 10.

Companies are drowning in the cost of infrastructure and licensing. IT
services are NOT the core business of most businesses so it makes sense to
license that out to companies that DO have that as their core business.
SaaS companies are making leaps and bounds on security, HIPAA and the like
but we IT people keep parroting the same old mantra.

Blah blah blah lock in, blah blah blah security.  Its happening, better
figure out how to make it work.

Jim Asbille, MSM
registered Linux user number 388067

"Focusing your life solely on making a buck shows a certain poverty of
ambition. It asks too little of yourself. Because it's only when you hitch
your wagon to something larger than yourself that you realize your true
potential." -- Barack Obama