[Cialug] suggestions on HDD based backup

Nathan C. Smith nathan.smith at ipmvs.com
Thu Apr 15 13:04:43 CDT 2010

Those hard drives get HOT.  (yeah, I probably didn't need the caps).  So if you use a cartridge type system make sure it has fans or a cooling system.  I have one of those external bare-drive mount devices and I'm not sure I would trust it for prolonged use even though the drive is free to radiate heat.

-Nate