[Cialug] Ubuntu Laptop

Daniel A. Ramaley daniel.ramaley at drake.edu
Wed Apr 14 13:42:02 CDT 2010

On 2009-12-18 at 23:38:31, Terry A. Haimann wrote:
>My wifes Ubuntu laptop has become very slow to boot.  I also see that
> I canno longer ssh into it.  I have copied the dmesg output, I hope
> it helps.

And???

There's no question in there. Assuming you want help with the slowness
and SSH issues, some more detail would be useful. What version of
Ubuntu? What (if anything) has changed recently? Were some updates
applied around the time the slowness started? During boot is there any
specific step that takes a long time? Boot taking awhile and SSH being
unavailable (with no other information) sounds like it *could* be a
network problem... did you recently configure a software firewall? Can
you ping other machines from the laptop? Can other machines ping the
laptop? Does web browsing or other network traffic work correctly?

--
Daniel A. Ramaley
Network Engineer 2

Dial Center 118, Drake University
2407 Carpenter Ave / Des Moines IA 50311 USA
Tel: +1 515 271-4540
Fax: +1 515 271-1938
E-mail: daniel.ramaley at drake.edu