[Cialug] Tag Team Programming

Ken MacLeod ken at bitsko.slc.ut.us
Sat Apr 10 10:17:59 CDT 2010

I've done two (3mon and 9mon) projects using the full set of Extreme
Programming practices modified for a distributed team (pair
programming over VNC and phone, for example).  All of us wanted to
participate so this was a best-case scenario for things to work out
well and they did.  These two projects were among the best projects
I've ever worked on.

Like Lee said, pair programming is intense.  I think that's why you
still get two people's work out of two people :-)  The quality and
productivity of these projects were top-notch.

I'm currently on a contract project where we're not using anything
Agile so I'd love to know what companies here in Des Moines are using
Agile so I know who to get in touch with when this project is
complete.

At one point I also captured a set of Systems Administration Practices
that work well with Agile (or on their own),
http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?SystemsAdministrationPractices .  I follow
these or put many of them in place wherever I can when joining new
organizations (and even on my personal systems :-).

  -- Ken