[Cialug] DSL Help

murraymckee at wellsfargo.com murraymckee at wellsfargo.com
Fri Sep 25 08:47:48 CDT 2009

My church in Indianola is having a problem with their DSL connection.  The phone company has been out and said the signal is good at the demarcation point on the side of the building, but after successfully working for 3 years out DSL connection can't be maintained.  In fact, it's off at least 99% of the time.  The phone company is insisting that the problem is the wiring inside the building and they won't address that.

We have replaced the DSL "modem" and that didn't fix the problem.  All of the phones in the building still work, and they are on the same physical wires as the DSL signal.

Who can we get to come with a DSL signal tester and help us find the bad spot in our wiring?  We are willing to pay a reasonable price to get this fixed, we just don't know who to ask to do the work.

Thanks,

Murray McKee
Operating Systems Engineer
WFFIS - Wells Fargo Financial Information Systems
800 Walnut Street
MAC F4030-037
Des Moines, IA 50309-3605
WORK (515)557-6127 Cell (NEW) (515) 343-6630  FAX (515) 557-6046
MurrayMcKee at WellsFargo.com
"This message may contain confidential and / or privileged information.  If you are not the addressee or authorized to receive this for the addressee, you must not use, copy, disclose, or take any action based on this message or any information herein.  If you have received this message in error, please advise the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this message.  Thank you for your cooperation."