[Cialug] Multi-group meeting - Reminder: Amazon Web Services

Josh More morej at alliancetechnologies.net
Thu Sep 17 13:22:20 CDT 2009

This is a multi-group announcement, so apologies if you see this more
than once.

Next Week, on September 23rd, the Linux User Group will be hosting a
meeting on development, virtualization technologies and
entrepreneurship. Jeffrey Barr (Senior Evangelist for the Amazon Web
Services) will be giving us a talk on Amazon Web Services -- EC2, S3,
SimpleDB, and so forth. He is also working on a book on tying into the
Amazon system using PHP, so if there is interest, we may tie that in to
the meeting as well. This meeting will be at 7:00 PM at Alliance
Technologies, just like the regular meetings.

For more information, including directions, please see
http://www.cialug.org/component/option,com_eventlist/Itemid,29/func,details/did,19/

Jeffrey is also willing to meet with people during day on the 23rd, if
the time/location do not work for you. If you want a separate meeting,
let me know off-list and I will give you his contact info.

Please feel free to bring anyone interested and to pass this message
along to others.

-Josh More, RHCE, CISSP, NCLP, GIAC
 morej at alliancetechnologies.net
 515-245-7701