[Cialug] Update my Thinkpad with new release of linux

Matthew Nuzum newz at bearfruit.org
Wed Sep 9 17:27:27 CDT 2009

On Wed, Sep 9, 2009 at 5:16 PM, Ralph Kessel <ralphkessel75 at yahoo.com>wrote:

> I've been playing with my new notebook and I'm trying to update to a newer
> version of Ubuntu.  Unfortunately, since IBM Thinkpad X21 doesn't have a
> native cd, I used my ucb CD reader.  The system doesn't recognize the CD as
> bootable and hangs up when I attempt to change boot parameters.  Any
> suggestions would be appreciated.  I  like this machine very much and this
> not a complaint.  Just a request for assistance.  Thanks,
> Ralph Kessel

Do you mean update from one version of Ubuntu to another? If so, use update
manager. http://www.ubuntu.com/getubuntu/upgrading

Other options are to install from a usb thumb drive (may not work if you
can't boot from a usb cd though)
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Installation/FromUSBStick

Or if you have a working MS Windows installation you can install via wubi
http://wubi-installer.org/

--
Matthew Nuzum