[Cialug] Mediacom fscking with web access?

Jonathan C. Bailey jbailey at co.marshall.ia.us
Tue Sep 8 09:27:03 CDT 2009

It looks like they've turned it off already, so I wasn't able to check. They also weren't sniffing by port. I connected to a proxy of mine on an odd numbered port (proxy is hosted on a VPS), and it still figured it out. I can understand the DNS redirects. They're annoying, but easy for a user with knowledge to bypass. But "editing" content that comes back to me? That just goes too far.

-Jon