[Cialug] DMSFS and Legacy Code

Josh More morej at alliancetechnologies.net
Thu Sep 3 14:26:59 CDT 2009

Yes, you'll usually find me in the Music Room at DemiCon.

However, I will stress that I did the "MAJOR work" back in 1999-2001 and
was learning Perl as I did it.  That code should probably not be used as
it is.  Technology has moved on and porting the code to either newer
(stricter) Perl or similar language might be in order.  (This particular
system would be a perfect candidate to being reworked as a Drupal
module, by the way, if anyone wants a project.)

-Josh More, RHCE, CISSP, NCLP, GIAC
 morej at alliancetechnologies.net
 515-245-7701

>>> Bill Davis <bill.davis at gmail.com> 09/03/09 1:01 PM >>>
Hi Todd - as a DMSFS member, let me say that we'd be glad to have you
attend our meetings! The next one is Sept. 11th at the West Des Moines
Community Center at 7pm.

I maintain the web site for the DMSFS group, which I'm currently working
on
revamping entirely. I also work on the web site for DMSFS's annual
convention, DemiCon. DemiCon 21 will be held May 14-16th, 2010 at the
Holiday Inn Northwest on Merle Hay Road. See www.demicon.org for details

(we're just starting to post info about DemiCon 21 so a lot of the site
pages aren't available yet, just the basic info about guests etc.)

CIALUG's own Josh More has run the music room at DemiCon in past years,
believe, and also did MAJOR work on the DMSFS/DemiCon web sites in the
past,
among other things. He did a lot of Perl code for the site that we'll be

trying to revive and use again this year for our programming grid, etc.
You'll usually find him in the Music Room at DemiCon, right Josh?

I'm sure there are other folks familiar with DMSFS and DemiCon on this
list
as well. Hope to see you at a meeting soon!

Bill Davis
5214 Meredith Dr.
Des Moines, IA 50310-2956 USA
(515) 270-6729 home