[Cialug] Wireless Issues

David Champion dave at dchamp.net
Tue Oct 20 09:41:23 CDT 2009

A couple of things to try - look for a dhclient process that's still
hanging around, and kill it before running dhclient again.

If you have your wlan0 set to start automatically, you can run "service
network restart" on most redhat-ish OS's, which will attempt to shut
down all of your network interfaces and bring them back up again.

I've also seen cases where there's a stale dhcp lease, don't recall
where those hide, probably somewhere like /var/cache. I've had to
manually delete those to get a new dhcp lease to work.

-dc