[Cialug] build nvidia module for new kernel

Mathew R. Phillips mathew.phillips at wartburg.edu
Tue Oct 13 18:00:13 CDT 2009

I'm running Kubuntu 9.10 right now and I would like to get the kernel updates to try and fix some of the "Serious kernel error" messages ive been getting lately. However, when i updated a couple of days ago I had a hard time because the current kernel im using I had to manually compile the nvidia module for my card and all of that jazz and it kernel panicked on me when i tried to boot into the newer kernel. Is it possible to build the module for the newer kernel image when im booted into the old one so i can actually boot to the new one?