[Cialug] [OT] AV test

Daniel A. Ramaley daniel.ramaley at drake.edu
Tue Oct 6 08:42:10 CDT 2009

I have a quick favor to ask.

We're trying to verify that our anti-virus system is actually working at
detecting viruses inside of zip files. However, every attempt i've made
to send a virus into Drake has been met with failure as every other e-
mail system i have access to does not allow for sending viruses.

Could someone who can send unfiltered mail please download eicar_com.zip
(a test virus file--not a real virus) from the URL below and e-mail it
to me? Then please send a separate mail letting me know to look for it.
Hopefully i won't receive the virus, but it will be caught in a
quarantine. Here's the URL:
http://www.eicar.org/anti_virus_test_file.htm