[Cialug] Google ChromeOS VMware image

Matthew Nuzum newz at bearfruit.org
Fri Nov 20 11:54:18 CST 2009

On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 9:34 PM, Eric Junker <eric at eric.nu> wrote:
> If anybody wants to try ChromeOS, I found a working VMware image. There
> isn't much to it other than a full screen version of the Chrome browser.
>  All applications are web apps and I don't think you can store any data
> locally. I heard that Google is focusing on speed, simplicity and security.
>
> I did not create this image but I did test it and it worked for me.
> http://download.digiex.net/Apps/Chromium/ChromiumBuild.rar
>
> More about ChromeOS here:
> http://www.chromium.org/chromium-os

http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2009/11/releasing-chromium-os-open-source.html

Releasing the Chromium OS open source project
11/19/2009 10:31:00 AM
In July we announced that we were working on Google Chrome OS, an open
source operating system for people who spend most of their time on the
web.

Today we are open-sourcing the project as Chromium OS. We are doing
this early, a year before Google Chrome OS will be ready for users,
because we are eager to engage with partners, the open source
community and developers. As with the Google Chrome browser,
development will be done in the open from this point on. This means
the code is free, accessible to anyone and open for contributions. The
Chromium OS project includes our current code base, user interface
experiments and some initial designs for ongoing development. This is
the initial sketch and we will color it in over the course of the next
year.

--
Matthew Nuzum