[Cialug] What are people using for a USB/LiveCD for erasinghard drives?

John Lengeling John.Lengeling at radisys.com
Mon Nov 16 16:26:52 CST 2009

> Yes it can. The only thing it wants to do after it starts is to write
> back a result file, which only works using the floppy version anyway.
> John, I third (or forth?) the vote for DBAN. It's quick, easy, OSS,
> will parallelize the wiping,

Thanks for the pointer to DBAN.   Already running it on a few PCs...Damn
dead CDROM drives.  Going to have to get DBAN on USB drive.

For any kind of shredding needs, I have used this place:

https://www.shipnshred.com/home/index.php

Just put them in a box and print a FedEx label.  When I last used them a
couple of years ago, they said that they don't even open up the box.
Which makes sense.

johnl