[Cialug] Google Wave

Jeffrey Ollie jeff at ocjtech.us
Fri Nov 13 07:59:48 CST 2009

On Fri, Nov 13, 2009 at 6:54 AM, Todd Walton <tdwalton at gmail.com> wrote:
> I just got an invite to Google Wave.  Should I be excited?  Has anyone
> here used it yet?  Is it useful?  What for?

I've had access for a couple weeks.  It's interesting, but it'll be
more interesting as more people get accounts as this is supposed to be
a collaborative service.  Right now people seem to be using it as a
chat/forum/bulletin board type service, creating a wave focused around
a particular topic or group.  For example, I created a wave for CIALUG
and made it public (hopefully this link works):

https://wave.google.com/wave/#restored:wave:googlewave.com!w%252BbbXWFF-rA

I think the usage will evolve over time, especially if independent
implementations of Wave servers become a reality.

--
Jeff Ollie