[Cialug] Windows 7 Hotcakes

Todd Walton tdwalton at gmail.com
Mon Nov 9 16:57:20 CST 2009

On Mon, Nov 9, 2009 at 10:30 AM, Matthew Nuzum <newz at bearfruit.org> wrote:
> It's an example of the chicken and egg problem. There are a lot of Linux
> developers who come from a computer science / UNIX background who are very
> comfortable with their way of doing things. They don't need an IDE and they
> honestly don't know why anyone would want one.

Well, I'm not a programmer by nature.  But I can tell you that all the
programming I've done has made more sense to me when I do it the Unix
way.  I can understand writing out text files (with vim coloring) and
then running a command to compile it and run it and so on.  I've used
IDEs and I just get confused about what's going on and where I'm
supposed to be clicking.

My company bought me PrimalScript for VBScript coding, and the F7 key
to run script is about as fancy as it gets for me.  The help files and
the references are nice too.  I installed Cygwin for doing the dirty
work.

--
Todd