[Cialug] OT: Code/Text editor for Windows

James Shoemaker james at dhlake.com
Wed Nov 4 09:24:18 CST 2009

Rob Miller wrote:
> I'm looking for a code/text editor for Windows.  I need to search a
> group of *.jsp files in several folders for a particular expression

> The ultimate tool would be able to highlight and copy the entire expression

> The *.htm file name is different in each *.jsp file.
>
> If you need more info or have any other suggestions, you can reach me
> off-list

   So you want to grep a tree of files for that string and pull up them
in the editor with the line highlighted and copied to the clipboard?

   Emacs could do that (shocking isn't it).

   What are you doing with the expression once you have it copied?

   Grep could deliver the the lines for whatever purpose you want them
for also.

James