[Cialug] Audio recording on Ubuntu from cassette player or any other sound source?

Mark Hesseltine markhesseltine at gmail.com
Sun May 24 11:55:28 CDT 2009

On Sun, May 24, 2009 at 9:51 AM, Afan Pasalic <afan at afan.net> wrote:
> Hi,
> I got several audio cassettes/tapes with some my old stuff recorder in
> 70's. I want to transfer them to comp in mp3 format.
>
> What application will do the best?
>
> Thanks,
> Afan

I'd suggest Audacity. You should be able to record from the microphone
input, as well as reduce background noise, adjust levels, etc. I used
Audacity with an old Fisher Price tape my wife recorded as a child to
archive and enhance the sound of her now-deceased grandfather from a
Christmas years ago.

--
Mark Hesseltine
mailto:markhesseltine at gmail.com