[Cialug] Corp. WiFi

jrnosee at gmail.com jrnosee at gmail.com
Fri May 22 09:55:14 CDT 2009

Ok, my office is set up with a...dificult...wireless configuration.  I'm
convinced I'm almost online, but need a hand.  Here's what I've got going
on.

Running Ubuntu 9.04

Corp wifi config:
Windows users use the Funk Software Odyssey Access Client (OAC)
Hidden SSID - I do know what it is though.
Looks like we use 8021x key handling (OAC shows WEP encryption generated
automatically)
Association Mode: open (?)
Auth Protocol: EAP/TTLS
TTLS inner Protocol: PAP/Token Card (we use RSA key fobs w/ generated
numbers)
Anonomous identity: anonomous
identity: RAS keyfob userid
password: pin+RAS keyfob
company secured CA file... XXXXXX.cer
  - I converted this using openssl from der to pem and placed in
/etc/ssl/certs/XXXXXX.pem (linked to .crt file..used the proper method to do
this..can't remember it right now)

I've tried to set this up using network manager.  It's the closest I've
gotten.
It associates with the access point and attempts authorization.  I don't
have the whole error with me (laptop's at home right now) but I think this
is the cause of my problem:
"TLS: Certificate verification failed, error 20 (unable to get local issuer
certificate) wap_supplicant"

tried wircd with mostly the same results

tried using command line wpa_supplicant with .conf file and -dd for extra
debugging since most things I saw on google reccomended this for testing.  I
can't get this method to associate with the hidden ssid access point.

Anyone have any thoughts?  I can post the full error if needed after work
hours when I'm home.

Thanks!!

--Justin