[Cialug] Ubuntu Live CD Issues

jrnosee at gmail.com jrnosee at gmail.com
Tue May 19 08:33:13 CDT 2009

Done the burn at lower speed.  Tried burn mode settings.  And I hope my dvd
burner's not going bad AGAIN.  I just swapped it 'cause my last one stopped
burning DVD-R properly (CD's - fine, DVD+R - fine, DVD-R...wtf?, read all -
fine... GRRR).  Is it that easy to wear out a DVD burner?  I mean I know I
burn quite a bit but really?  I've probably had this drive installed a
couple of months (swapped w/ wife's computer since she doesn't burn DVD's
much, but it's out of warranty).

Does anyone have any recent manufactured disks (8.10, 9.04)?  I would like
to see if it's my burning capacity or reading capacity.