[Cialug] External Hard Drive

Allen Kiddoo adk at 52761.com
Sun May 10 09:41:40 CDT 2009

You didn't state purpose- fixed location or portable?
If fixed location, this might be an option-

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3548245

Portable cheap route- gut out an old portable usb cd or dvd, toss the
optical drive and install your own hard drive. Sometimes not pretty but
can't beat the price.

I bought an empty usb 2.5 inch case for $20 and installed an 80G spare ide
from junked macbook. Format for FAT- most universal, anything can read it.

Allen Kiddoo
Ioway Record Printing Co.
316 West Third St.
Muscatine, IA 52761