[Cialug] Free junk

Bill Davis bill.davis at gmail.com
Fri May 1 12:45:23 CDT 2009

I'd be interested in one of the AlphaServer 2100s.   I used Alphas running
OpenVMS at my last job  though not those particular models.

Hobbyists can get installation media from DEC/Compaq/HP OpenVMS for free
(more or less)

Most/all of the documentation is available on the HP web site.

Do the units have tape or CD-ROM drives?  Do they have boot consoles
(monitor and keyboard, or at least a DEC-style kehyboard?)   Will they run
off normal wall power?

Bill Davis
5214 Meredith Dr.
Des Moines, IA 50310-2956 USA