[Cialug] Free junk

Dave J. Hala Jr. dave at 58ghz.net
Fri May 1 10:02:38 CDT 2009

I had a similar printer at a previous job in the accounting dept. It was
used to print payroll. It was smoking fast.  Its was in an enclosure to
deaden the noise. It was so noisy that it shook the entire enclosure.
The print head changed direction so violently that the entire table
"wiggled".

It was kinda cool to watch -if you were wearing ear plugs. It was
amazing see tractor fed paper pulled through something so fast.

On Fri, 2009-05-01 at 09:55 -0500, David Champion wrote:
> Daniel A. Ramaley wrote:
> > Printronix 1200 line-per-minute printer
> >

> Is that one of those beasts with the oscillating dot matrix print head
> bar thing? I worked on some of those (but like the 300 and 600 LPM
> models) back in the late 80's.
>
> I should put that in my cube and make printouts of my code all day long.
> My coworkers would love that.
>
> -dc

___
Dave J. Hala Jr.