No subject

Tue Mar 31 19:35:18 CDT 2009

"InfraGard is an information sharing and analysis effort serving the
interests and combining the knowledge base of a wide range of members.
At its most basic level, InfraGard is a partnership between the Federal
Bureau of Investigation and the private sector. InfraGard is an
association of businesses, academic institutions, state and local law
enforcement agencies, and other participants dedicated to sharing
information and intelligence to prevent hostile acts against the United
States. InfraGard Chapters are geographically linked with FBI Field
Office territories."

To be a member, you have to be investigated by the FBI, but it's really
not that hard to get in.  The meetings tend to focus on current security
threats and general technical controls.  I am already the resident Linux
"expert" of the group, so Linux-wise, I'll just be continuing general
advocacy.  I do, however, anticipate increased networking
opportunities.

Do you have any further questions about Infragard?

-Josh More, RHCE, CISSP, NCLP, GIAC
 morej at alliancetechnologies.net
 515-245-7701

On Mon, Apr 6, 2009 at 9:40 AM, Tom Pohl <tom at tcpconsulting.com>
wrote:
> Since no one else has mentioned it yet, I'd like to congratulate
Josh
> Moore on being the new Deputy Cyber Sector Chief of the Iowa
Infragard!

> Hopefully I won't get in trouble for mentioning it :)

Wow, cool.  Congratulations, Josh.  I didn't even know such an
organization existed.  Will this position come with more
responsibility?  More networking opportunities?  It's honorable of you
to protect the morés of our community, and I wouldn't mind hearing
more about the InfraGard.  Is there anything at all more Linux related
in your role?

-todd