[Cialug] Wireshark

Tom Sellers tomsellers2001 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 23 10:45:46 CDT 2009

Is anyone familiar with this protocol evaluation package?

I have been trying to determine the difference between my Windows machine and Linux machine response times in browsing and using network tools.

When looking at the capture for the Linux machine there is a line in the center part of the display screen that is displayed in red.  However if I look at the same commands from the Windows machine this is not true.  If you read the english display of the two they seem to be the same.

The screen is divided up into three sections from top to bottom.  The top section displays the packets by number.  The center section (where I see the line in red) is an english language breakdown of the packet contents.  The bottom section displays the actual packet in hexidecimal characters.

I have not found why this one line is displayed in red in the documentation up to this point. Does anyone know what this means?