[Cialug] PCI Video No Boot

David Champion dave at dchamp.net
Sun Mar 15 12:51:54 CDT 2009

I would suspect you have a bad video card, or some other issue. An old
PCI card should work.

There are a lot of decent deals on not quite top-of-the-line video cards
out there. You can get a nVidia 9800 GT for $99, which is a really nice
card. It will play most of the current generation games just fine, if
you're so inclined.

Tigerdirect often has deals on some pretty nice cards. I'd recommend XFX
branded cards - they have a pretty good warranty replacement policy, my
last several cards have been from them.

-dc