[Cialug] OT: cheap flights to ???

Matthew Nuzum newz at bearfruit.org
Thu Mar 12 16:46:03 CDT 2009

On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 4:23 PM, Todd Walton <tdwalton at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 10:18 AM, Matthew Nuzum <newz at bearfruit.org> wrote:
>> I wish the dsm airport had a way to list "deals" from this airport.
>
> The front page has a box showing going rates from DSM, through
> airfarewatchdog.com.  And if you go to airfarewatchdog.com they have
> an email alert thing.   http://www.dsmairport.com/  Is that not what
> you want?

I didn't notice that. However it's not quite what I was looking for. I
was thining along the lines of how Jeff described it. "quick, we need
to fill up the plain" types of deals.

That said, the airfarewatchdog is a cool idea but it seems to be
messed up on the dsmairport homepage. Clicking it just shows you a
tiny fraction of the page in an inframe and you can't scroll.

Oh, after watching it for a bit I do see some pretty good deals in
there. That may be a good service. Just don't click the
airfarewatchdog logo.

> Also, they have a web page listing all airlines that fly out of DSM:
>          http://www.dsmairport.com/travel_info/airline_info.htm
>
> You could go through the list and sign up for their respective email
> notifications maybe.
>
> -todd

Matthew Nuzum