[Cialug] Web Slowing Down

Matthew Nuzum newz at bearfruit.org
Tue Mar 10 14:26:21 CDT 2009

On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 2:12 PM, Todd Walton <tdwalton at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have had the distinct experience of web surfing slowing down over
> the past year or two.  I've had the same computer for the past two
> years and my Internet service provider has not changed.  But more
> consistently, as time goes on, it's slow to scroll web pages and my
> favorite flash game will get clunky slow as something else is loading.
>
> I believe it has something to do with the fact that *everything* these
> days is Flash that, Ajax this.

http://www.bearfruit.org/blog/2007/10/26/the-webpage-that-ate-my-battery

That said, browsers are also running javascript faster and, bucking
the trend, Firefox 3 uses less resources than Firefox 2. It's possible
things have changed on your computer to cause the problem. For example
a video card driver may need an update.

--
Matthew Nuzum