[Cialug] Crashing with errors in mcelog

Daniel A. Ramaley daniel.ramaley at drake.edu
Mon Mar 9 09:28:02 CDT 2009

On 2009-03-04 at 14:54:37, Daniel A. Ramaley wrote:
>I'm going to call this thread's issue most likely resolved.

Final followup: last Wednesday i pulled 2 DIMMs from the machine. I just
checked the mcelog, and there have been no new entries since. The
machine has also been running stable, even though ECC is turned off in
the BIOS. I have some replacement RAM now; i'll install that soon. I
think i'll run with ECC off for a few days just to test the new RAM,
then turn ECC back on.