[Cialug] OT: New Macintosh Models

Matthew Nuzum newz at bearfruit.org
Fri Jun 26 15:25:18 CDT 2009

On Fri, Jun 26, 2009 at 2:33 PM, Rob Freiburger<rob at robfreiburger.com> wrote:
> Did you calibrate the battery at all?

No, but I've run it down to nearly zero a couple times. The estimated
time left changes depending on what I'm doing, presumably because I'm
using it lightly. If I'm on calls and going back and forth
infrequently between my notepad and my computer the estimated time
fluctuates between 5 and 9 hours remaining (gradually wearing down
over the day). I think that if you closed your lid when you knew you
wouldn't use it for several min you could go all day on one charge.

All considered, Apple is onto something. Relative to a normal laptop
battery the pack in the mbp is quite large. Inside the machine the
space is used very efficiently and there's not much room to spare.

--
Matthew Nuzum