[Cialug] Wood computer case

David Champion dave at dchamp.net
Mon Jun 22 10:48:12 CDT 2009

Todd Walton wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 21, 2009 at 6:00 PM, Dan Hockey<icepuck2k at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Anyone seen this one yet?
>>
>> http://www.techeblog.com/index.php/tech-gadget/modder-uses-hollowed-out-log-to-build-computer
>>

> It's not quite as craftsy, but I've always wanted to just mount each
> part onto the wall behind my desk with cabling between.
>
> --
> Todd

I like the little laptop sleeve thing.

The "log mod" wouldn't exactly be the most LAN party friendly case to
have. And if you had an electric fire, that thing could burn for a
couple of hours. :)

Dell is selling their little Studio pc with an optional Bamboo sleeve,
for an extra $150.

http://www.dell.com/content/products/productdetails.aspx/desktop-studio-hybrid?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&~ck=mn

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/products/Bundles_and_Other_Accessories/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&cs=19&sku=330-1265

I might consider getting one of them, if there were another video option
besides the integrated Intel chip... and it is a bit pricey, starting at
$500 for what is essentially a laptop, with no screen, battery or keyboard.

-dc