[Cialug] Free hardware

Daniel A. Ramaley daniel.ramaley at drake.edu
Wed Jun 17 13:20:02 CDT 2009

Back when i worked at the Drake library we had some diskless
workstations that were used as web terminals. They have extremely
limited local storage (though probably can be upgraded). The machines
are meant to run Linux (specifically Linux Terminal Server Project) in
a netboot configuration, with most applications running on a remote
server and displaying on the terminal. I had them configured to run
Firefox locally, however, so i know they can work either way.

If interested, contact Marc as soon as possible for pick-up. You can get
his address from the Cc line. Here's the info from him on the machines: