[Cialug] Thunderbird Quotes

Morris Dovey mrdovey at iedu.com
Fri Jul 31 17:39:01 CDT 2009

Todd Walton wrote:
> Surely I am not the only one who sees just how frustrating quotes are
> in Thunderbird.  Why can't Thunderbird make little greater-than signs
> like everybody else in existence?  It's not that I mind a vertical
> line really, it's just that as soon as I stick my cursor in there and
> hit Enter it does something unpredictable and screws up all the
> formatting.
>
> I've tried various add-ons to correct this behavior (though it should
> be built in, damnit...), but I haven't found anything that actually
> fixes it yet.

Hmm - I'd been wondering recently if I could finagle vertical lines
instead of the '>' that I've been seeing. :)

I think Eric answered that one.

Now, does anyone know if it's possible to tweak Thunderbird to display
text styles without the style delimiters themselves appearing? I like
being able to use /italics/ but I don't really want to see the slashes.
Same for *bold* and _underline_

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar