[Cialug] BIND vulnerability Patches

Matt Stanton inflatablesoulmate at brothersofchaos.com
Wed Jul 29 18:55:57 CDT 2009

Ubuntu has a pretty large update (not in size so much as a Whole Lot[tm]
of packages) that include BIND, a lot of libs BIND uses, and a bunch of
programs that are linked to BIND.  Also a couple of packages for a
kernel update.  That's not to say that they address this issue, but when
I saw the list of updates I certainly thought to myself "Hmm, looks like
they found something wrong with BIND".  To my knowledge, they had pushed
a few updates a short while ago that must've included a kernel update or
alsa update, because it borked the sound on my HP mini and I had to go
through the alsa recompile again to fix it.  I did this two days ago, so
the BIND updates must've come out in the past couple of days.

-Matt