[Cialug] Mediacom Connection

Jim Asbille jim.asbille at gmail.com
Wed Jul 22 03:57:12 CDT 2009

I am having a problem that I am baffled by.  I have two computers that
are connected by wire to a Buffalo router that also has wireless.  The
machines are Ubuntu 8.10 and OpenSuse.  Over the last week they keep
losing their connection to the internet.  I have to disconnect the
modem and router and then reconnect them to reestablish my connection
to the internet.  This morning I can't get either one to reconnect.

On a whim I fired up my work laptop which has Windows XP and uses
wireless.  It connected no problem.  What gives?  Anybody have any
ideas what could be happening?

--
Jim Asbille, MSM
registered Linux user number 388067

"Failure is not an option.  It's a standard feature of Windows and is
bundled into the Operating System for your convenience, at no
additional charge."