[Cialug] OT: HP Pavillion DV1000 optical drive

David Champion dave at dchamp.net
Tue Jul 14 23:34:12 CDT 2009

Does anyone have a HP Pavillion DV1000 (or similar) optical drive they'd
let me borrow? My brother (the other one that's not on this list) has a
laptop that I need to do an OS restore CD on, but the optical drive isn't
working.

If someone were able to bring it to the LUG meeting, I may be able to do
the install during the meeting... or if I could borrow the drive I'd
return it ASAP. The optical drive comes out very easily, you
just have to remove one screw and it slides out.

Thanks,

-dc