[Cialug] How did robot meeting go?

Tom Sellers tomsellers2001 at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 11 16:32:23 CDT 2009

Nice to hear that there was a good turn out!  Would the CNC machine be something like I saw earlier on some posts on this site?  It looked very much like an automated routing table of some kind.

I have only been using linux for about the last 6 or 7 months on any kind of regular basis but have had a home server set up running Samba for several years.  (Not that I store much of any importance there since it is not backed up.)  It is more of a centralized access and point of exchange for files that I share between other workstations that I use.  Would you believe that it is running Red Hat 7 I believe?

I just recently set up another machine (Running 8.10 Ubuntu later upgraded to 9.04) to perform DNS functions for all my internal home computers.  It actually works well but I still have much to learn.  Would like to have it dynamically adjust IP addresses to assigned DHCP addresses but have not attempted that yet.

When will the next meeting for the robotics group be or has it been determined at this point?