[Cialug] Fwd: News Alert: Google Plans to Introduce a PC Operating System

Dave Weis djweis at internetsolver.com
Wed Jul 8 12:53:27 CDT 2009

On Wed, 8 Jul 2009, Matthew Nuzum wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 8, 2009 at 10:56 AM, Dave Weis<djweis at internetsolver.com> wrote:
>> Correct but for better or worse more people are 'creating' what they
>> believe is content and will need more tools to get that done...
> Sure, but what content can you not create in a web browser these days?
> Google docs, spreadsheet, presentation provide office tools. Photoshop
> Express for image editing. Google talk allows chat and video
> conference. Web CMS for building a website. Kaltura even lets you edit
> video in your web browser!

But those are 'different'. The people that buy these see cheap computer
and expect it to be a little desktop. I know what the intent of them is as
well as a lot of the earlier purchasers but now they are ubiquitous enough
that they are getting to the middle or early middle of the technology
adoption curve where people have less tolerance of difference.

dave

--
Dave Weis
djweis at internetsolver.com