[Cialug] Question on Acer Aspire AS5515

Matthew Nuzum newz at bearfruit.org
Sun Jul 5 16:27:30 CDT 2009

On Fri, Jul 3, 2009 at 6:22 PM, Stuart Thiessen <thiessenstuart at aol.com>wrote:

> Just wondered if anyone had any positive or negative experiences with
> an Acer Aspire AS5515 running Linux? I am thinking about getting one
> for my son. Thought I'd check here as part of my research.

Install Ubuntu or some other linux onto a thumb drive and boot the display
model off of it. Then you can know for sure. Since pretty much every
computer now supports bootable usb devices life is easier. When I bought my
last computer I had to go during off hours so the sales people were idle
enough to help me access the cdrom drives to test w/ a live cd.

--
Matthew Nuzum