[Cialug] Ubuntu 9.04 udate

Tom Sellers tomsellers2001 at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 4 22:07:04 CDT 2009

The day before yesterday I upgraded my workstation running 8.10 version of Ubuntu to the new 9.04 version.  Everything seemed to have gone fine and the workstation functions normally it seems.  However, when I try to ping this workstation from any other workstation it does not respond.  I can ping out from that workstation to others and that works fine.

This workstation did not exhibit this problem under the older 8.10 version.

Is there something new in this version that would cause this?  If this were a Windows machine I would suspect the firewall.  Is there a firewall in this version of Ubuntu?  I have not located it if it is there.

Any ideas?