[Cialug] OT: continuity test

David Champion dave at dchamp.net
Thu Jul 2 15:59:16 CDT 2009

That audio cable tester would probably work really well... the timer
head unit has XLR style connectors, there's a short patch cable that
goes to the TRS connectors, then the long cables have the TRS connectors
on them.

I was also thinking kind of on the same lines as Mr. Kula, with a
loopback connector for one end so we can run out and test a cable that's
already strung out. If anyone has a simple diagram, with the right size
of resistors I'd need, I'd appreciate that... or I can probably google
it myself.

Thanks for all of the input.

-dc