[Cialug] Updates after install

Tom Sellers tomsellers2001 at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 30 20:35:00 CST 2009

--- On Fri, 1/30/09, Barry Von Ahsen <barry at vonahsen.com> wrote:

> From: Barry Von Ahsen <barry at vonahsen.com>
> Subject: Re: [Cialug] Updates after install
> To: "Central Iowa Linux Users Group" <cialug at cialug.org>
> Date: Friday, January 30, 2009, 5:14 PM
> there is /var/log/apt/term.log and /var/log/aptitude,
> depending on how you're updating
I use the Update Manager under administration.  There is no apt folder under /var but there is a aptitude file under /var/log.  Not much in it however.  It shows 14 updates all done on January 10 2009.  I would have thought there should be more than that.  I believe that when the update icon appears at the toof the screen close to the time that it also uses this same update method.

Tom